For this week’s project I made Character Canvas Paintings. Now, before you stop reading and think it looks too difficult read on because I am not artsy fartsy at all so if I can get this done anyone can. This has been my favorite Made it Monday project! I hope you all love it as much as I do and find time to make a few for your classroom.
Painting Canvases- I bought mine at Michael’s Craft Store on Sale in a 10 pack for $10
1. Google pictures of your favorite book characters. Try to stick with simple pictures that do not have too much detail and focus mostly upon the main character.
2. Once I had my characters picked out I then put each picture on my document camera and projected the picture onto my blank canvas.
3. Use a pencil to trace the outline and details of your picture onto your canvas
4. Once you have all of the pictures penciled on to your canvases you are ready to paint
5. Use the acrylic paint and various size paint brushes to paint your characters. This part takes time and patience but I was able to complete all 6 of my characters in about 3 hours. (The toddler was at his Grammies! Otherwise I would not have been so brave and it probably would have taken me 10 hours).
I also made this no sew banner to go above the windows in my classroom. Click on the picture below to get the template. I printed the triangles on card stock, cut them, stapled them to ribbon at each corner and VOILA….. banner hung!
Click the picture to get your template!